Saturday, December 21, 2013

"What Actually Happened To The Cat?" You Say?

Some of you have been wondering what actually happened to the cat that I killed.....Hence the name of the blog.  Before I re-post the original entry from my previous blog,  I have to give you some more details.

This happened the day before Mother's Day 2011.  This story has been synonymous with the name Shannon for over 2 years now.  It's just not going away. I've been called every name in the book.  The most common reference is...."Don't make her angry or she'll flip a table on you!"  Anytime we move furniture around someone yells, "Where's the cat?!?!?!"   This was the CATastrophe of the year!

I had not read this post in some time now.  I re-read it and realized....this was a terrible, tragic, freak accident.  There's no way people are still getting kicks out of this two years later!!! Then it hit me....much like the table hit the cat......my readers are sickos! LOL!

So here it is.....as a tutorial for "Things NOT to do when your kids are playing in the living room".......

The Re-Posting of:

"Smashing Pumpkins"

Today is a day of great sorrow for my family and myself.  Our cat Pumpkin met her fateful end today while relaxing on the kitchen floor.
Before I explain, I would like to take a moment of silence to remember the late…great…Pumpkin Neal.
Now…..for the question at hand….how did she die?
For the weak of heart….you may want to turn back now.  Everyone else….here goes.
Our kitchen table has been wobbling for some time now.  I happened to be agitated by my darling husband this morning and I told him to give me the tool I needed and that I would tighten the bolts myself.  He offered to help….I declined it.
After tightening the legs up I tried to scoot the table forward a tad so I could lift it back up into place.  The table fell.  My first thoughts were….”Oh no!!!! I’ve busted the tiles on the table!!!”  I jumped up to grab it when I noticed little kitten paws sticking out from the side. 

I lifted the table and yelled for hubby to come help Pumpkin.  I grabbed up my kids and took them to a bedroom and closed the door so they couldn’t see the horror.  Poor Pumpkin was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
After spending most of the afternoon crying and tormenting myself with guilt, I finally calmed down and realized this was a tragic accident.  I can’t change what happened.  However, I can question it.
I asked my husband…..why couldn't I just run over the cat like a normal bad mother?  Why can’t anything normal ever happen to me?  Who kills a cat with a table?  NO ONE!  No one but me that is.
The worst part of this whole thing is that tomorrow is Mother’s Day.  I was at MY mom’s house this afternoon crying and sharing my grief with her when a Hallmark commercial came on television.  The ad was something about buying your mom a card for “All your mother does for you….”  All I could  think was….”yea….for all your mother does for you….like dropping a table on your head!”  Of course I had a small nervous breakdown.
So, here’s to Moms everywhere this Mother’s Day.  When you look back at your life….and don’t feel like you have always been a great mom….just re-read this and have a great Mother’s Day!
A table…..a freakin table…..really?

No comments:

Post a Comment